Wednesday, August 25, 2010

24-7 Prayer Finland gathering

On Saturday I was part of the 24-7 Prayer Finland gathering, and it was a realy good day. We spent some time getting to know each other and sharing stories of prayer rooms and what God's been doing in our lives. Myself and another member of the team helped lead two times of free-flow worship, the second more focused on intercession for the nation and prayer for each other. The afternoon also contained workshops with themes something like: 'how to organise a prayer room in your church, school, etc', 'prayer and mission', 'prayer-centered communities' and 'permanent houses of prayer and worship'. I was part of the last of these, and although it was all in Finnish and I struggled to understand at times, my spirit was stirred up to see these houses of prayer and worship raised up in Finland. The people sharing in this workshop voiced the longing in my heart to see 'Levites' raised up in this nation who will worship and intercede before God day and night. So yeah, it was a great day.

It seems like quite a while since the tour finished, although it was only 2 weeks ago. Life's been a lot more relaxed, but it's been good. Have been reading some good books. I'm half way through "He Loves Me" by Wayne Jacobson, which is really great, it deals with a lot of pretty vital stuff in our relationship with God. And then I'm nearing the end of Bonhoeffer's "Cost of Discipleship" - brilliant, completely uncompromising book. I've also been listening to Mike Bickle's series on Song of Songs - a few people had told me it was good, but it's blown me away how much you can get out of that book. Nearly every time of worship recently has involved me ending up singing from Song of Songs, there's so much good stuff there. Here's a link to the series, you can get mp3s and notes for free: http://mikebickle.org/resources/series/song-of-songs

oh yeah, and i went to see U2 in the Olympic stadium in Helsinki on Friday. It was epic, there were something like 100,000 people there. So crazy that we actually saw Bono. So yeah, life is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Moi John. Just been reading your blog, man my spirit is stirred to read of your exploits so far in Finland! May God be around, over, under, and in you more and more! Jumala rakastaa suomea ja sinua! Paljon siunausta sinulle! Toivottavasti nähdään pian! Näkemiin veljeni!